3/16/11

For Your Temptation...

When baking, follow directions.  When cooking, go by your own taste.  ~Laiko Bahrs

My post for today will challenge you and your Lenten promises, for I am going to write about a chocolate treat that everyone loves. NO BAKE COOKIES.  That is right. Chocolate, peanut butter and no baking.... three of my favorite things.  j. reasons and j.doolittle are some of the finest bakers around, but yours truely hates measuring anything. I like to haphazardly throw things into a pot or skillet and then taste them until they turn out just right. Writing down recipes on this blog has actually been one of the biggest challenges for me. I have had to pay attention to things when I cook, which may seem natural to most, but it comes more naturally for me to go off what feels right in cooking. Go figure.

This year during Lent, I luckily decided not to give up chocolate, so I can partake in these ahhmazing little treats, and to those of your who did give up this delicacy, well, I do apologize for tempting you.... sort of...



No Bake Cookies Ingredients
4 oz butter or margarine
1/2 c milk
2 c granulated sugar
1 c semisweet chocolate chips
3-4 tbsp peanut butter
3 c oats, quick or old-fasioned
1 tsp vanilla extract

|1.| Place chocolate chips, peanut butter, oats and vanilla in large mixing bowl.
|2.| Combine the butter, milk and sugar in a saucepan; bring to a rolling boil.
|3.| Boil for 1 minute.
|4.| Combine the hot mixture with the oats and chocolate chip mixture and stir well.
|5.| Drop spoonfuls onto wax paper and let cool.
|6.| Must be served with ice cold milk.

No Bake, yes please.

No comments:

Post a Comment