5/18/11

j'adore les crepes...

Ricky Bobby: 'Oh, I love the crepe suzette.' Jean Girard: 'With the sugar and lemon juice...'
Ricky Bobby: 'Yeah, the sugar and the lemon juice. Sure.' Jean Girard: 'Grand Marnier.'
Ricky Bobby: 'I wish I could crawl into one of those right now. I'd eat my way out from the inside.'

We are sorry about our post being invisible yesterday... we don't know what could have happened :) Miss "be.hind" duncan here. I have felt two steps behind on everything this week! Anyway- enough about me, let's talk about food. I had the less than fortunate pleasure of visiting the Waffle House this past weekend after a wedding. I am sorry for those of your who love this place, but I can say with confidence that it will not be on my bucket list of places to grab a bite to eat. One would think that a waffle at the WAFFLE house would be the best around, but I can assure you, whatever they brought me was not a waffle. After leaving hungry and driving back from the Blue Grass State, I came home and dug through my recipe box. I  found a crepe recipe that I made for my International Business class in college and immediately starting making plans to make them this weekend. The beautiful thing about crepes is that they can literally be filled with whatever makes your heart content. Fruit, cheese, meat, veggies, or my personal fave, Nutella. So forget about visiting the "Subpar Waffles For All" Waffle House and make some yummy crepes for your guests this weekend. I know I can't wait to!

Crepe Ingredients
3 large eggs
1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted

1.| Sift together flour, sugar and salt; set aside.
2.| In large bowl, beat together eggs and milk with an electric mixer. Beat in flour mixture until smooth; add melted butter.
3.|Heat a lightly oiled griddle or fry pan over medium high heat. Pour batter on griddle {about 2 tablespoons per crepe} Tip and rotate pan to distribute evenly and thinly as possible.
4.|Brown on both sides and serve hot.
5.| Fill with whatever you want... strawberries, bananas, spinach, cheese, chocolate... the list goes on. bon apetite! *vT

Fresh berry crepes

Spinach and cheese crepes

No comments:

Post a Comment